COVID-19 Latest Update 03.18.20
To our valued patients,
We continue to receive many questions about the hours of operation at Complete Health Center Chiropractic and Massage Therapy.
Essential Healthcare Service Statement
As we continue to respond to the ever-changing environment around COVID-19, the safety of our patients, staff and doctors is our highest priority. We understand that new information surrounding the changing landscape of our everyday routines has many feeling concerned.
As we navigate this situation, Complete Health Center Chiropractic and Massage Therapy is relying on guidance from national and local chiropractic associations and healthcare organizations to direct our actions. Many, including the International Chiropractors Association, view chiropractic care as an essential healthcare service.
As a result, Complete Health Center Chiropractic and Massage Therapy is OPEN all Regular Hours, and we remain committed to providing convenient and affordable chiropractic care and massage therapy in our local communities. We know that many will continue to have healthcare needs that can be helped through chiropractic care, and we feel a responsibility and commitment to our patients.
We are closely monitoring recommendations and protocols established by the World Health Organization (WHO), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as state and local health departments. We pledge to communicate if our position needs to be modified as the COVID-19 circumstances develop.
As a precautionary measure, we have implemented increased hygiene routines, monitoring and operations protocols and are following clinic procedures outlined by healthcare organizations and leading authorities within the chiropractic profession. Included are strict hygiene routines after each and every visit/ treatment table/therapy equipment. Appointment Distancing throughout of large office to accomodate our families who seek the needs of Chiropractic Care.
We recommend patients follow guidelines issued by the CDC, and if you are feeling unwell, please take steps to safeguard others and remain at home. If you have a fever, have been in contact with a diagnosed case, or traveled within 14 days to a region of high risk, please stay home and call our office to discuss care with one of our Doctors of Chiropractic. At that time a decision of rescheduling will be discussed.
At this time, non patients visitors are asked to either remain in the car and are not allowed in treatment area. Hygiene is most important and santizer is available in multiple areas within our office to ensure all visitors have easy access.
To date, routine hygienic measures are the suggested best practice for prevention of viruses like the coronavirus.
Follow the links below to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Steps to Prevent Illness
What To Do If You Are Sick
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Follow the links below to the World Health Organization:
Advice For The Public
March 16, 2020
To our valued patients,
In these times of uncertainty, we want you to know that the safety and health of patients and employees are always a top priority. Our mission at Complete Health Center remains the same, "To offer the best of nature and science. The Complete Health Center brand offers a path to healthy living with premium service that is supported by education and innovation."
Complete Health Center will continue to stay OPEN for business normal hours.
As we have previously noted, keeping your spine in alignment with chiropractic adjustments and immune supporting nutrition is the best way for us to keep our immune systems working at a high level. As well, we have taken specific steps as part of our continuity plan.
These steps include:
1. Enhancing our normal cleaning routine to include options for our patients to use additional supplies prior to their services from our "Sanitize Station"
2. All Complete Health Center employees are required to disclose any health concerns to Dr. Paul Puetz and encouraged to discuss various work arrangements if needed.
3. Enhanced options for Nutrition Consulting appointments via online zoom or phone appointments. All products are available for in town delivery or free shipping thru April 15th to patients door step if ordered via phone thru our office.
4. Patient Appreciation Day planned for March will be postponed to a later date.
5. Social Media engagement will be increased to share wellness ideas, tips and protocols to keep you and your family healthy now and in the future. Follow us on Facebook for the latest updates and New addition links to twitter, Instagram and Nutrition BLOG.
6. If high risk patients are in need off site assistance, please call our office to coordinate.
7. Most importantly, for any of our patients, friends, family or community members in the High Risk Group ( above 65 years of age) in need of shopping items (Grocery, Personal Items, Prescriptions, Etc) and are not able to obtain these items, we ask you give our office a call 507-532-4355. Our staff and other volunteers are willing to assist in any way possible to get these items and deliver them to your door.
Thank you for allowing Complete Health Center to be a part of your Health Care needs today and in the future.
Yours in Great Health,
Dr Paul J Puetz, Founder of Complete Health Center